Saturday, November 20, 2010

Seafood

This is one of my friends who has recently come over to these parts from a place she calls "the Rock".


Several months ago she told me it was lobster season back home. We saw lobster for sale here and decided that we better live on borscht like everybody else here seems to get by on.
From Fish
But here this day in the big city right there on the sidewalk is a man selling these little craw-dads!
From Fish

I saw them and I said, "I know who'd enjoy them!"

Of course that made little A. twitch, but as I kept on harping on the same subject in a firm insistent way, it inspired little A. to relent and allow me a phone-call, wherein I could check the menu plan for the next few days.

From Fish


I could taste the future.



From Fish

Not quite lobster, but we enjoyed the flavor and color of something different!

6 comments:

Laura Jelinek said...

Delish!! We had those once here in Sweden. Other than that it takes me back to Louisiana :)

Anita said...

Wow- I need to be photo-shopped out of this scene altogether! gag and stuff.
The crawdads were really superbly good, though! I'd take some more!! ;)

Ange said...

They sure were good!! I wanted a picture to compare them the grand`daddies we get "back home". :)

Ethel said...

what's in Anita's hair? new do? looks interesting ( the meal...)

Anita said...

I think that's a wall decoration above my head, actually... I'd really like to photoshop me right out of that pic... gag

alleykat said...

she was beat after putting up with me.