Monday, December 29, 2008

skateboarding in Norway

I had a skateboard once, my brother and I got matching yellow "banana boards", I managed to learn to scoot along on mine sort of, but he was shorter and lower to the ground, so maybe that's what made him braver, anyhow, he could skate.
Then in the end of the '70's we lived in Norway for a couple of years; he took his skateboard to downtown Volda and showed some wannabe's a few tricks. That gave the small town "lensmann" (sheriff) something to do, and he got onto Sven's case and we learned that skateboarding was indeed a crime.
The kids in the photo here are some I snapped in Trondheim before Christmas, I asked them how long ago skateboarding became decriminalized here, one of then said 11 years, the other one said 30 years.
Either way I'm sure they're too young to remember the "olden days"

1 comment:

Anita said...

you need to get y'self a skateboard for here... what a spiffy way to get around!