Sunday, April 12, 2009

California water rationing

IT NEVER RAINS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
ALBERT HAMMOND



Got on a board a west bound seven forty seven
Didn't think before deciding what to do
All that talk of opportunities, TV breaks and movies
Rang true, sure rang true.

Seems it never rain in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya
It pours man it pours.
Out of work, I'm out of my head
Out of self respect I'm out of bread
I'm under loved I'm under fed
I wanna go home
It never rains in California
But girl don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours.

Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it
Had offers but don't know which one to take
Please don't tell them how you found me
Don't tell them how you found me give me a break
Give me a break

Seems it never rains in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya
It pours man it pours

We've had rain, but my parents are still on water rationing here, no they don't live in southern CA, but yes, in CA. Like I said, there's been rain, but not enough...and so they have to use even less water than they used last year when they were here for only 6 months. What to do? Try to save water from the shower like this, and then the water gets reused for obvious purposes.
HINT: urban knowledge claims that water swirls the "opposite" way down the loo south of the equator. I tried checking every time I crossed the equator line many years ago, but I was always perplexed, and still have no clear answer on that.
I found this to be interesting on that subject however...

7 comments:

Mimi/Susan said...

Where do you stand in that shower? In the big square bucket? Or betwen buckets? Or is that bucket seats in the shower?

alleykat said...

Stand away from the vortex, be aware of your space in relation to 3 forces of our sphere: 1 & 2, the magnetic forces of the north and south poles, and 3, the centrifugal force of the equator. Focus on this, and you will know where to stand.

Mimi/Susan said...

I think I'll just put a little extra deodorant on!

BeWaterWiseRep said...

Well ... how about take a short 5 minute shower? That will save nearly 5 gallons of water per day. Here are some more ways to save water in your bathroom and house - http://www.bewaterwise.com/tips01.html

alleykat said...

Well I like my idea best of all, stand in the large bucket, and then reuse the water for flushing the toilet. Then those five gallons get used again, and you have saved 10 gallons.

BeWaterWise Rep said...

I like your idea alleykat!

Diane T. said...

I think the containers in the bottom of the shower would be a huge reminder of the resource going down the drain so would cut down on shower time. No relaxing in the shower there. I have some big water wasters and I think that would take care of the problem.