Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Karmic Koala

My windows set up is acting weird, I have to click on an "OK" empty dialogue before login, this is after I took it down to have it looked at, cuz it didn't want to shut off...
  1. So, I removed that hard disk, and replaced it with my old one that I still have around, the same one I installed Leopard on a few months ago.  Now I've installed Karmic Koala from Ubuntu.  First thing I had to do was fix the wireless - found a hint here, which did the trick for me.  But by then I'd already done this, and this, but "next time" I'll do 'here' first.
  2. Now I'm busy installing xp under ubuntu using An open source application called VirtualBox OSE.
and here are some pictures...
From Rivne stuff
From Rivne stuff
From Rivne stuff
From Rivne stuff

2 comments:

Diane T. said...

Yay...a woman who can fix her own computer!!!! I have been the go to person in this family but now my son's are passing me up. Of course one is in college for computers.

Anita said...

I think you're my hero... I'm giving you my iPAQ next time. I can't figure out what that guy did at all, actually... :(