Monday, March 15, 2010

Stuck in the "Appendix"

A few weeks ago we went to visit our friends in the village; the trip takes us on a road which one of the kids has nicknamed 'the Appendix'. To get out of there the driver has to take a U-turn, which was unsuccessful this time.
We got stuck, no amount of pushing would help, passengers collected branches to put under the wheels, and we pushed and pushed...


But nothing seemed to help, although we pushed, but the snow was slimy as greasy soapsuds and the bus went sideways into the ditch instead of finishing its 'U-turn'.
Posted by Picasa
Finally a genious asked the neighbor if we could borrow his shovels
And Everybody helped Angela push us out of the ditch!

4 comments:

Duane Hettich said...

We helped them shovel and push out in that same spot twice also. They say it only happens when the foreigners are with them. At least I was running a shovel and not a camera.

We'll be planting potatoes now soon and the storks will be arriving so no more shoveling.

Dima

Anita said...

ps- I've never been on a bus that got stuck... how'd you get so lucky? ;-P

Anita said...

Always knew that Appendix was a useless bit of trek

You need to send this to Ira, by the way- she'd love it!

And I'm soooooooo glad Ange had help on this one! She's tough and a Newfie... but you know- enough's enough! ;)

alleykat said...

oh well, when the snow melts and we find the cleats for my right boot that I lost when I was pushing the bus before I pulled out the camera...I will be vindicated!