Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to make a flaming torch

If you want to make a torch you need to ask a friend who has made one before, because you can't find out on google, unless you read this post.
My friend who knows how to make torches gave me all the necessary components:
  • a used pop bottle of gas mixed with oil.
  • old rags, like towels, raggedy old pants
  • wire
That's all he gave me, he said we need to find a good long branch to use for a pole.
Well, I had my bag of goodies with me and handed it all over to our fearless leader who set about to constructing 3 torches.

From Tarakaniv fort
Which were given to the three torch bearers
From Tarakaniv fort
From Tarakaniv fort
As we explored the old, murky fortress in Tarakaniv.
From Tarakaniv fort

3 comments:

Diane T. said...

Wow, how ingenious! I would be a little nervous with this post over here. These issues are a little sensitive and might get me a little investigation.

Anita said...

I'm glad you didn't blow yourselves up! But I guess those guys know how to do it without blowing themselves up!

Ange said...

this was sooo much fun! The torches really added to the fortress tour. The kids really enjoyed it too.