Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where the Sidewalk ends

Some things are just too painful to talk about until after the fact...
like the time when my brother and sister-in-law came to visit me in Ukraine and the second day they were here I sprained my ankle in a big way.
I never knew your toes could get bruised from a sprained ankle.
And I never knew you could sprain you ankle from bumping your head on a low hanging balcony.
As Angela pointed out the pavement ends right here at the edge of this balcony.
Anyway my foot's much better now, less sore and less blue.
Some times it's not enough to just watch you step, you also have to watch your head as you round the corner of apartment buildings.
Thanks mom for the title for this post!

7 comments:

alleykat said...

not only did I twist my ankle, but also broke my new glasses that Blake helped me get, lucky for super glue.

Mimi/Susan said...

Thank goodness for glasses, or your eye might have fared worse that the foot!
Ps: now you know that blood flows downhill!

alleykat said...

Hi Susan! thanks 4 stopping by here!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

ouch ouch! how is it now???

alleykat said...

Thanks, Kristina, much better now!

Anita said...

ooo- yes, Ouch! Glad it's feeling better. Sprains are pains...
heh heh

And the low flying balconies (or whatever... they're аварійні is what they are)- wham- look out. Your poor head...

Deena said...

Ay, so many things to watch out for when you're just trying to show the out-of-towners a good time! Glad the foot's on the mend & the glasses were saved w/ Super Glue.