Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kindergaten and the new Gym

The place where we are staying now organizes outings for the residents, and Inger Johanna was excited about going along last week. I didn't really feel like going, was only just getting over a cold and we had a class to teach in the evening. But I relented and went along. And I'm really glad I did, because it was so neat to see all the kindergartners! They meet us at the door, all friendly and welcoming, so I didn't feel weird or strange because of not knowing anyone. I like the way little children are exposed to senior citizens, and that the seniors get to be with children.
The gym was fantastic, and I loved watching the children running with balls and playing with hula hoops and climbing on the bars! There were goal lines in all bright and magical colors on the floor and the children were dressed in bright colors so it was like watching a prism's beams flitting around the floor.
An elderly man in a wheelchair buzzed around the whole time taking pictures, I hope you'll click here and look at them! You'll see Inger J in two pictures and me in one of them. You can also see the kids climbing up the side of the walls!
After we had a tour of the gym we went in to the kindergartner's room and were served coffee and tea, the kids sang for us, and of course we applauded, then we sang a few childrens songs to them and it was really cute how they clapped for us.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Just before I got to the part about the bright colors, I thought- Hey I'll bet she saw lots of bright primary colors there and that alone would have made her day! Ha! Do I know you or what? I'll also bet the kids loved you both...

Anita said...

so I checked out the pix... neat.