Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fishing with an otter


I withheld this picture until I made some investigations about our method of fishing, now I can explain it better. The caption on the picture says it all, but it may not get published...the little orange float has a heavy fishing line attached, and there are about 14 flies tied on to leads which are hanging off the heavier line. We had two of these "otters", one on each side of the boat. We were out again today and got 18 fish! They are kind of small, but the lake is so full of fish that they don't require a license, so we can keep all we catch. We fried them all and have enough left for one each for breakfast. click here
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anita said...

I'm going to be talking my folks into moving to Norway part of each year, too... not for the fishing (it's just lucky it's IJ that's with ya...I don't like fishing) but for the scenery. Makes sense, eh?

Laura B said...

totally. It makes total sense, AB. :-)