Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Scandinavian Wedding



I feel lucky to have such good looking relatives, unfortunately I don't know them very well. I hope to do something about that in the next months :) Here we have the bride and the groom who is my cousin.

And this is another cousin, brother of the groom, he has two more brothers, and they are here...

What gives these pictures meaning to me is that I know a little bit about the person, but why blog it? Well it was a very special day where I got to be with people who I haven't seen in years, but we could pick up where we left off. And I met brand new people who I can look forward to picking up with again. Life is exciting when it's like that, old friends and family, and new friends and exciting possibilities.

I hope this little girl invites me to her wedding someday, I want to see what shoes she decides to wear!

And here are half the cakes, more than I could eat!!

7 comments:

Tricia Ling said...

Nice picture!

Happy Birthday! said...

Yum, the cakes look really good!!

tammy said...

Aren't you glad you were there?? :) It looked like a HAPPY day....

alleykat said...

Yes I was glad I went, of the 5 weddings I've attended of relatives in Norway I enjoyed this one the most.

Laura B said...

looks wonderful! I've had a great time at Milltown...made new friends with the lively young sis w'rs, they are great. Now, Olympia.

Extrem4 said...

I think the cakes beat the sheep's heads. But perhaps there is a Sheep's head cake. Someday we want to go back to Norway to visit the home country and sample sheep's heads and cakes.

alleykat said...

well, there is headcheese... kind of like a cake, but it's not really like cheese either, and we have that too...