Monday, June 9, 2008

clothesline tales: a dry subject


This picture should put you at ease if you are worried about the laundry not getting brought in before dark.
There is a school of thought that laundry should always be brought in before it gets dark...don't know why, what good are PJ's for example if they are afraid if the dark? Is it that the blackness of the darkness of the night might make them all dirty again? I don't know... anyway relax. Tomorrow morning I'll get up at 0600, wash my sheets, hang then up to dry and leave for a year...
Actually I have regaled audiences for years with my laundry stories, one of the first laundry episodes after I came to Europe was after my good cotton Eddie Bauer blouse froze onto the line and got ripped as I jerked it loose in the winter in Puch, Austria; that was a stark contrast to the previous misfortune of burning a hole in my undies on the burning hot wire clothesline in Phoenix, Arizona.
Ok enough bedtime stories for tonight, now I need my hot chocolate. I WOULD take a shower, but my towel has been washed and dried and folded neatly into the linen cupboard. Thank you for not using Downy.

1 comment:

Anita said...

See my laundry is scared of the dark- and esp my pj's- they're already feeling insecure because I left them up there all alone- thank you for being merciful and brining them all into the safety of the apt... I'm sure we're all sleeping better because of it. dyup