Thursday, June 5, 2008

What? Me Worry?

I heard a gentle tapping at my chamber door,
I saw only this and nothing more...

This is Anita tacking up mosquito screens in the "fortochka" in her chambers. She did mine and the kitchen too. Now as you approach our place on a sunny day and look at the windows it's like we've got the place charmed to protect us against the evil eye, or it looks like typical Elbownian village window decorating trim. I'm trying to say that she used lots of tacks. But no problem, we are likely disbanding these digs soon, so use up everything, eat all the canned goods then we don't have to move them. So then why put more equity into the place, I mean the screens? I didn't mention that to her.

I took the picture after I scolded her about climbing up onto this disaster. I never climb up onto stacks of rickety chairs. I'll tell you why:

It happened when I was two and a half. It was Saturday morning after my breakfast time, but my parents were sleeping in. In the kitchen I saw the box of Cheerios up high in the cupboard and arranged two chairs on top of each other and began the ascent. I and the stepladder arrangement came crashing down and I howled. My dad came to the rescue. He picked up the pieces and told me to never never put a chair on top of another chair and climb up there. Then he made me a bowl of cereal.
I never did it again.

Only this and nothing more...

4 comments:

Anita said...

I'm no raven.

I don't want mosquitoes, that's why. Nobody got hurt. I'm the most careful person you know...

stop laughing

alleykat said...

no, she's the window screen maven, I mean,look at her avatar...

Laura B said...

oh my

Anita said...

my avatar is a window and curtain, not a screen... maven yourself... ummm yeah. Take that. *Pow* (bet you don't know what to say)