Saturday, June 21, 2008

My revenge today

I'm in a different place now tha last week, and in a way than ever before...I always thought I liked kids, little kids, teenagers - whatever. Well, this week I'm somebody else than ever before. Maybe it was the bag of dead fish presented to me by the teenaged son of this home the day I got here..."here's the fish I caught today" me, "oh great!...uhm did you clean them?" "no, I don't know how, don't plan to learn"
For a number of reasons I didn't say much more, just cleaned the fish, and we ate them the next day...well today we have 3 more kids here, and they are about as helpless. I feel like I'm a counselor at a camp for terminally inept teenagers. I will skip all the details, but washing the curtains and hanging them up wet and not ironing them made me feel better about life. I felt all revenged at several frustrations, until Andrie, a very good, dependable brotherly sort came shouting at my window,
"you there?"
"yeah"
"you are FINED!"
"why?"
"you didn't hang our curtains right! they are insideout! we want them to look NICE!"
"ok, I'll come fix 'em"....
the picture is of the bathroom cleaning crew, before it suddenly disbanded, dissolved...disappeared?

No comments: