Monday, October 20, 2008

The Blue Swan

A few more details about the rowboat; my mom was just telling me more about what it was really made of...
We have to go back to kindergarten, I started school in Samoa, California at Pacific Union School. We lived in one of the little cracker box houses that had been built for employees of the Samoa pulp mill, I think it was called Georgia-Pacific. My mom had some curtains that we used in that little house and they were made of fiberglass! Those curtains were the first layer of the rowboat which was later to be christened the "Blue Swan". I don't remember this but she said that on the inside of the boat you could see the pattern and pleats and seams from the old curtains.
And you thought recycling was a new, modern idea to save the planet?

No comments: