Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A night in the village

This is a groggy morning after a wild late night in the village.  We got to bed early enough after a big day with several visits and a couple of phone calls which had me juggling my raw egg emotions and trying to eat an apple at the same time kind of thing.  
But we had a good day and finally it was over and a person was free to drown everything in a good night's sleep.  And so the lights go off but sleep doesn't always come easily, even in the most comportable of beds, finally in the middle of the night Anita says , "I'm putting in my earplugs", and cheerfully has 10 more things to tell me; I was twisting and kicking around in a borrowed winter mummy type down bag, so missed a lot of the important details of those 10 things until she started to scream.  I was struggling with the zipper mechanism of this high-tech out of season down bag and thought the commotion would soon cease, but when I noticed in the outer reaches of my peripheral vision in the dark that she was jumping around on her bed I began to pay attention.  (skipping a few details here) ahem...anyway then the lights were on and she's attacking a huge beetle on the floor.  As she furiously beat it to a pulp she says shrilly, "you know the name of this place is Novie BUG??"

3 comments:

Anita said...

I was NOT screaming. I think I did jump on the bed, though. You forgot to mention that the beetle (which was nearly as big as me) was INSIDE my sleeping bag taking a trip across my left knee when I found it...

alleykat said...

wow a comment...on MY blog, I should go public, maybe I'd get more comments!

Pat said...

loved all your blog spots! thanks for sharing! and I would scream too if there was a bug like that IN my sleeping bag!!!!!!11 Pat