Thursday, May 8, 2008

No dustpan, but a squeegee and a mop


So where do you keep your dustpan if you have one? I'm in Simona's bache and she's coming back tomorrow. In Romania they called her "the mother-in-law", but she's so mellow now that sometimes we even call her "Simon". So anyway I'm working away here trying to remove traces of several days worth of human habitation. One of those traces is hair. In these quarters there's lots of long hair woven into the dust balls which occupy the dark corners and dead space under the furniture. So I sweep. After a through search I find no dustpan, so good natured and cheerful as I am, I hum to myself as the dust balls billow. Then I mop. I have a theory about cleaning house: the main thing is if it SMELLS clean. I pour Mr. Clean into the bucket, (he's bald), find the mop and industriously splash it around the premises. Then I have to depilite the mop. Wet long hairs, yuk; and there is a law governing wet hairs: that is they must stick to the surface they are on, so now the floor that I swept and mopped, (couldn't find the dustpan) is covered with hairs! But I found the squeegee behind the bookshelf, and thought "I could squeegee all this!" If the floor had been the size of the kitchen window, well sure I would have done it, but...anyway, it's done now, and tomorrow Simona's coming! The train is sometime around 0600, so I think she'll come in really quietly and make pancakes before I wake up...
So now here's a question for you - what is depicted in the photo on this post?

7 comments:

Anita said...

What is depicted is the mangy stuff that's been dropping off of the bottoms of those funky red slippers that arrived last Sat am... that's what that is.

So, that's why this place over here smells so clean. yup. Don't worry, it'll surely smell like the shiny bald man here, too, when you get back...surely...

Anita said...

Really nice new profile pic... Ne Boltaiy! So there!

Anita said...

What I meant to say- so now I know why you suddenly had to have the link to that old Soviet posters blog... uh hmmmm

Anonymous said...

That is disgusting is what that is. The hair bit and etc...
I beleive you have come across a solidified ring of jam (old jam).
Whats my prize.
SVVVV

alleykat said...

oh, I get what you mean about the jam, no, actually Anita wins the prize, it's the soles of the slippers.

Anita said...

you punk... that's the mangy chips off of your slippers on MY PAPERS... aaarghhhhhhhhhh

alleykat said...

HA!! the penny dropped!